Urinary Incontinence and Aging
Research Topic:Urinary Incontinence and Aging
Locate 10 recent articles, book chapters, and/or Web sites on the topic, and create a reference list using APA format.
* Sources must have been published in the last five years.
* Library databases recommended for this assignment include CINHAHL (Nursing and Allied Health Literature) and AgeLine.
* No more than two websites may be used, and they must be evaluated for trustworthiness
* APA guides: APA Manual, Purdue OWL online website, Owl APA Format Guide
Submit your list of 10 references in alphabetical order
Write an annotated bibliography. Each of the 10 in your reference list should be followed by a brief (usually about 150 word) descriptive and evaluative paragraph explaining how this source will help to develop your paper. For more information on creating an annotated bibliography, visit: http://www.library.cornell.edu/olinuris/ref/research/skill28.htm .
Formulate a thesis statement and an outline for your paper.
Create a paper outline using the following format:
Research Paper Title
I. Introduction: Grab attention, relate importance to health and aging, and present a focused thesis statement.
II. Body: Main points and articles you will use to support your point.
A. Main point 1 (reference 1: author’s name, year; reference 2: author’s name, year;…)
B. Main point 2 (reference 1: author’s name, year; reference 2: author’s name, year;…)
C. Main point 3 (reference 1: author’s name, year; reference 2: author’s name, year;…)
III. Conclusion: Wrap up your paper with a summary of your main points.
Write a 6-8 page first draft of your paper, including the following:
* Title page: Provide the title of the paper, your name, and the course and section
* Introduction: Grab attention, relate importance to health and aging, and present a focused thesis statement
* Body: Identify and develop each main point in an organized, clear manner, using in-text citations. Discuss possible solutions to the issue.
* Conclusion: Wrap up your paper with a summary of your main points.
* Reference list: Incorporate revisions from Step 1